Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Nepal > Nepal Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nepal-Tibet Censored Covers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nepal-Tibet Censored Covers
    Posted: 18 September 2011 at 8:47am
Since some time i have the shown 2 xcovers in my collections but i am not sure to which collection to add
Of course, the covers are franked with Tibet and Nepal perspective India stamps so the cover would fall into my Tibet collection. But the interesting part of the covers are the censor marking and censor paper-strip which are more related to Nepal.

What is the opinion of the other members here?

Such covers are not easy to find and have some value, it would be therefor important to show them in the proper collection.

Edited by Rainer - 18 September 2011 at 8:47am
Bruno LE PEUT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruno LE PEUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 9:03am
Dear Rainer,

I have some covers from Tibet to Nepal with these censor handstamps.
Those printed censor labels and censor handstamps were applied by Indian or Nepalese authorities?
I think the censor office was in Gangtok. 
Another member have more informations about this censor office?

Bruno

Bruno LE PEUT
Ed Gosnell View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Gosnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 7:17pm
Why not put them in both collections?  For example, you could put the actual covers in the Tibet collection and make full sized color copies to put on a page in your Nepal collection.  If you wished to exhibit them in the future with your Nepal, you would have a page to temporarily transfer them to for the exhibit.  You would probably have somewhat differing write-ups for each collection since the covers would relate to the Tibet material in a somewhat different way from how they would relate to the Nepal material. 
Ed Gosnell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic