Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Tibet Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fortune Wang, Tibet Postal History and Stamp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fortune Wang, Tibet Postal History and Stamp
    Posted: 21 July 2014 at 6:01pm

Greetings,

which member had the shown book by Fortune Wang in his library and can provide me with some details about the book. Is it useful, does it provide new research  findings?

Snow Lion View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Lion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 2:44pm
Hi !
Well, I've got this 3-bands book some years ago. It must be said that in one band, some pages were duplicated whereas other pages were missing, but I have quickly received from the author a new complete replacement item. This book has many good illustrations from the author's collection, with historical background and description of items. But one has to read chinese if one wishes to wholly profit from it, because the english translation is a little bit unsatisfactory.
And almost all of the tibetan names are so much twisted and sinicized that they are barely recognizable ! But it must be pointed otherwise that the author certainly got access to some archives such as the printing quantities of the 2nd issue for a certain period. Unfortunately there is no photocopy of the original document, only a table, and only this one.
Best !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic