Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Tibet Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bibliography of Tibetan postal history

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Gilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bibliography of Tibetan postal history
    Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:49pm
There are a few brief checklists of books and articles relating to Tibetan postal history but there is no comprehensive bibliography. Such a bibliography would be both useful and desirable, but in order to compile it we would need a number of contributors to ensure a knowledge of material in a variety of languages. There is also the question of parameters (e.g. what criteria should there be for defining a book, journal, catalogue, article etc. as being appropriate for the bibliography). I would be happy to work on this and would like to know who else might be prepared to help in the initial compilation.
Bob Gilbert
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 5:43am
Bob,

there is a book by Wolfgang Hellrigl (together with Karl Gabrisch).
Tibet: a philatelic and numismatic bibliography: a critical bibliography containing over 400 titles of Tibetan philately, numismatics and postal and monetary histories, 1981.

This book could be taken as an initial reference and extended with new books and articles. We do not reinvent the wheel, just make the wheel "rounder".
Bob Gilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Gilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 11:13am
Thank you for this Rainer. I should have known, but somehow this title had eluded me. It will be an excellent basis, but with nearly forty years of more recent publications - and others that may have been omitted - there is certainly much to do. As soon as I receive a copy of the book (which I have now tracked drown) I will post my comments on it and suggestions as to building on the Hellrigl foundations.
Bob Gilbert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic