Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Nepal > Nepal Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Native Registration Labels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herbert Mailänder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Native Registration Labels
    Posted: 23 July 2014 at 10:31am

NATIVE REGISTRATION LABELS and their MANUSCRIPT IMITATIONS.

Exploiting the potential offered by the large audience of a forum I want to approach an interesting theme of the Pashupati Era: The native REGISTRATION LABELS and their MANUSCRIPT IMITATIONS. Dr. Hellrigl has published an excellent study in POSTAL HIMAL No. 88, 4th Quarter 1996. Unfortunately, the thematic is not often discussed elsewhere and then the items are nearly always illustrated by black and white photocopies.

Bearing in mind the reduced number of covers and the difficulty - at least for me - to see objects of reference, leads me to ask the collectors who have items to consider the kindness to post a scan.

Of course, I will do the same with my material:

DHANKUTA, B.S. 1967.9.4 = December 1910

RIDI, B.S. 1968.4.14 = July 1911

TAULIHAWA (to Kathmandu via Butwal), B.S. 1972.10.22 = February 1916

PALPA                              BAGLUNG (to Kathmandu via Pokhara), 

B.S. 1970.11.26 = MARCH 1914

TATAPANI (cloth cover from Kuti to Kathmandu posted at Tatapani) B.S. 1968.10.12 = January 1911

Kathmandu (local registered cover), B.S. 1968.4.19 = August 1911

ILAM, B.S. 1974.2.31 = June 1917

POKHARA, B.S. 1974.5.14 = August 1917

I would be very grateful for replies,

Herbert Mailänder

Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 2:24pm
Thats some wonderful material shown. When back home from my business trip i will study my material to see if i can contribute something.

Nice to see again some activities on the forum...

gemtree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 5:50pm
Nice Covers!

Two further examples:  a Pokhara paper Label and a later example of the Tatapani Manuscript Label.

Hope these help.  Best regards, Ed Gosnell
gemtree
Herbert Mailänder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herbert Mailänder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 6:20pm

Dear Ed.

Particular thanks for your replay. I have to admit that I just hoped for a response from you.

With thanks,

Herbert Mailänder

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic