Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Official and Wireless Telegraph Stamps, Essays etc...
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1958 Human Rights stamp issues Tibet and Nepal.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1958 Human Rights stamp issues Tibet and Nepal. - Event Date: 18 November 2014 - 08 April 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garryangela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 1958 Human Rights stamp issues Tibet and Nepal.
    Posted: 18 November 2014 at 2:16pm
Hello folks, I am using an Internet forum site for the first time so please excuse my inexperience! Although almost exclusively interested in Irish philately, I am currently gathering material, for a possible competition entry, at our National stamp exhibition next year. My theme is the 10th anniversary of the United Nations universal declaration of Human Rights, and features issues of late 1958 & early 1959. Nepal issued a single stamp in 1958 and there are 3, what appear to be Tibetan labels or cinderellas, issued at some stage in 1958/1959. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in obtaining some of these items and some further information about them.
NEPAL: 6pice yellow, featuring the Temple of Lumbini, printed on Swedish watermarked paper. These are apparently available, roughly and cleanly perforated, without gum, and can also be found perforated and imperforate between stamps both vertically and horizontally. Printers Gurkha Patra press
I have 2 um/m examples (one cleanly & one roughly perforated) and a FDC cancelled to order. I am seeking a block of 4 um/m (any of above varieties) and a FDC addressed and postally used. I would also appreciate any corrections to the above information and would like to know if anyone has any further information, on this stamp such as printing method, numbers issued and dates of validity, if appropriate.
TIBET: I was rather disappointed to discover, as recently as yesterday, that the set of 3 um/m, acquired for some reason and by some unknown method, by my father, in the early to late 1960s, are cinderellas or labels. I still feel that they are interesting enough to include in my proposed exhibit and would therefore appreciate further help.
When were they printed/issued? Is there an actual date of issue? Where, by whom, and on behalf of whom were they printed? Is there any information as to how many were printed and how long they were used? I think that the image on the "stamps" is that of the Samantabhadra Bodhisattva , that the values are Trangkas and that they may have been printed by the Tibetan government in exile, possibly in India.
I would obviously be interested in any items relating to these "stamps", in particular, blocks of 4 um/m or any thing on cover.

I know that the above is a long list of wants, for items and information, especially coming from some one with very little knowledge of Himalayan stamps and postal history, but I will be very grateful for any help given. I think my email address should be available, or if not I am sure that I will manage through this forum. I am looking forward to any replies and perhaps I might even be able to do some business. Finally, if anyone wants information, on Irish stamps, please do not hesitate to contact me! Best wishes from Armagh, Northern Ireland.
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 5:25pm

Dear Gerald,

thanks for registering at the Forum.

The Tibet issue you mentioned is the Tibet Human Rights Issue, not stamps, more Cinderella's. I show a Screen shot of Armand . Singers book "The Essays and the Proofs of Tibet.
I am afraid, that all information i have. If I find more, i will post it here.

Garryangela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garryangela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 11:59pm
Thanks Ranier,
As you know, you supplied me with this information before I joined the forum. No doubt this was to supplement my inexperienced attempt to obtain further details from the other members of this elite group. I thank you for that!
Please, if there are any others out there, who could help me, in any way, as outlined in my original and necessarily longwinded submission, do not hesitate to get in touch.
Best wishes,
Garry, from Northern Ireland.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic