Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Other Himalayan Areas Sikkim, Darjeeling, Mustang > Postal History of other Himalayan Areas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Find Material

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkshirelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Find Material
    Posted: 06 August 2017 at 2:46pm
Ever since the loss of Geoffrey Flack I've been at a loss as to where I can continue to fill my collection wants. Geoffrey always provided unique items for my mountaineering collection.

Does anyone know if there are any dealers out there that deal in the more uncommon and unique Himalayan mountaineering items. I need to find a couple more items to bring my exhibit up to a higher standard and Ebay doesn't quite make the cut so far.
Cheers,
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2017 at 2:57pm
You may have to wait until December when David Feldman, auctioneers in Geneva, are celebrating its 50th anniversary holding various auctions in early December.

https://www.davidfeldman.com/auctions/upcoming-auctions/

One of the highlights are two Tibet collections.

They were formed over many years by Bo Olsson and Bengt-Erik Larsson.
Bo Olsson is one of the very few experts that can write certificates for the difficult early issues.
The catalogue will be a invaluable reference for current and future Tibet collectors.
Yorkshirelad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkshirelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2017 at 6:03pm
Thanks. I'll put it on my calendar. If you ever have any other ideas, please don't hesitate to let me know. I hope to exhibit at the 2018 Rocky Mountain Stamp Show. They said the India Society will be there and my exhibit would be enjoyed.

Cheers,
Eddie Hackstaff

Cheers,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic