Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Overland Mail Baghdad-Haifa > Overland Mail Imprints, Handstamps and Labels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Size of labels, imprints and handstamps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Size of labels, imprints and handstamps
    Posted: 05 October 2006 at 8:12am

The known imprinted envelopes and hand stamps and labels issued by various authorities are very well described in the famous Monograph by Norman J. Collins with Zvi Alexander and Norman Gladstone.

However, the illustrations in that monograph are so inaccurate that it is impossible for me to separate and classify them.

Sometimes the width differs by ½ mm, sometimes the height, sometimes to overall shape.

Am I the only one who is having this problem or are other collectors also around facing the same difficulties? Any feedback welcomed.

Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 6:29am
I have uploaded a page with all handstamps in my collection, along with computer measured size of actual handstamps, along with some additional informations which will be extended over the time.
Similar pages I will create for imprinted Envelopes, labels etc...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic