The Nepal and Tibet Philatelic Study Circle
Table of Content of Postal Himal No. 84, 4th. Quarter 1995
- "Himalayan Views" by Leo Martin informs us about a new pamphlet issued by the Nepal Philatelic Bureau, listing all stamps issued from 1881 to 1995.
- The NTPSC will have a meeting at Westpex and at Capex on June 9, 1995. In addition, a meeting is scheduled for the Pacific ’97. Leo writes about Dr. Armand Singer who will be giving a speech at the Collectors Club in new York, he tells us about the award received by Dick van der Wateren for his book "Nepal Postal Stationary" and informs about a new philatelic journal, titled PHILATELY NEPAL which has appeared in Nepal. The publisher is our member Mr. Ramesh Shresta and his staff. Finally, the new postal rates for Nepal as of August 1995 are shown.
- The Philatelic Program for the year 1996 is published as per the information from the Nepal Philatelic Bureau.
- A very nice and detailed article by Frealon Bibbins explains and shows the crest of Tsarong Shape. Tsarong Shape was for many years head of the Tibetan mint and in this position he was responsible for the minting of coins and the printing of stamps.
- Dick van der Wateren informs us about "Nepal’s Postal Stationary - New Discoveries".
- and Alan Warren gives a review of the Book "Lost Lhasa" by the famous Heinrich Harrer from Austria.
- Another very nice report comes from Colin Narbeth, titled "The storming of the Gyantse Fort, an unpublished letter from the Younghusband Expedition in Tibet - 1904".
- Once again from the Philatelic Bureau in Nepal comes a list of available philatelic items as of 1996,
- and finally, Armand E. Singer gives a review of the fine and important book by Wolfgang C. Hellrigl about "The Postal Markings of Tibet".
Table of Content of Postal Himal No. 83, 3rd. Quarter 1995
- The entire issue of Postal Himal No. 83 is dedicated to the Nepalese Postal Guide of 1936, an important document that is presented here for the fist time. Entitled "Hulak Niyambali", it was printed by the Gorka Patra Press, Katmandu and published by the Nepalese Post Office in the year B.S. 1993 (A.D. 1936). The translation of the original Devanagari text was kindly provided by Surendra Lal Shresta and revised by the author of the article Dr. Wolfgang C. Hellrigl.
Table of Content of Postal Himal No. 82, 2nd. Quarter 1995
- In this time very extensive quarterly column "Himalayan Views" by Leo Martin he apologizes for, the late issue of this bulletin.
- Several corrections to issue No. 81, the Cumulative Index were received by several members.
- He writes the Mr. D.R. Pandy, the officer-in-charge of the Nepal Philatelic Bureau has sent stamp folders and first-day covers for 1994 and 1995. Several copies of Postal Himal will be send to Nepal, for their archives.
- Colin Narbeth is seeking information about Unit’s present in Tibet 1904.
- Leo writes that Frealon Bibbins book "Tibet, Third series, 1933-1960 Plating Study has been awarded a Silver Medal at Candas Third National Philatelic Literature Exhibition in May 1995.
- Alan Warren has received a Gold Medal at Colopex ’95 for this exhibit "Tibet: Stamps and Postal History". In addition, Ramesh D. Shresta reports following awards for Nepalese material at Finlandia ’95 in Helsinki:
- "Nepal Postal Stationary" - Ramesh Shresata, Large Silver
- Die Ganzsachen im Himalaya-Königreich von Nepal von 1887 bis zur Neuzeit - Dr. Gunter-Otto Maus, Silver
- India used in Nepal - Chandra Kumar Stapit
- The NTPSC will have a meeting on June 9 19966 at Capex, Additional two meeting are planned at the Pacific ’97 and several other topics are reported
- Dick van der Wateren is reporting "Nepal: The first issue Postal Card - a new discovery".
- A very nice and exiting report from George Bourke regarding "A mysterious Phari Tibet Cancel".
- The Philatelic Program for the year 1995 is published as per the information from the Nepal Philatelic Bureau
- Alan Warner writes about the old fashioned Stamp dealer "Frank Warner and his experience with Tibet Material".
- The new book by Prof. Dr. A.E. Singer, titled "The Armand E. Singer Tibet 1809-1975 is discussed by Wolfgang Hellrigl.
- For the same book, Frealon Bibbins gives his personal Opinion.
- And at last, Dick van der Wateren informs us about a Nepal new issued Aerogramme.
Table of Content of Postal Himal No. 81, 1st. Quarter 1995
- The issue No. 81 of Postal Himal is devoted exclusively to presenting the "Cumulative Index to Postal Himal, Number 1-80. Kenneth Jones spent many hours in preparing this invaluable research tool which many members will use often. Many thanks to Ken and other members who have contributed in making Postal Himal a much appreciated publication.
Back to Index List of Postal Himal
Last update on 13.02.14