The Nepal and Tibet Philatelic Study Circle
Table of Content of Postal Himal No. 88, 4th. Quarter 1996
- "Himalayan Views" by Leo Martin covers as usual a vanity of topics.
- In "Letters to the Editor", Mr. Agarwal from India is writing about Tibetan charity labels issued in Switzerland, Myra Franks writes about "Free Tibet" labels as mentioned in Postal Himal #87 and finally Nicholas Rhodes is writing about Armand Singer’s article "Another Route up the Himalayas" which has bee published in Postal Himal #44.
- The very fine article by Dr. Wolfgang C. Hellrigl covers "The early Registration Markings and Labels of Nepal".
- And finally, the Philatelic Programme, covering the year 1997, as published by the Nepal Philatelic Bureau is reported.
Table of Content of Postal Himal No. 87, 3rd. Quarter 1996
- "Himalayan Views" by Leo Martin, informs about the PACIFIC 97 World Philatelic Exhibition where a meeting of NTPSC is planned and several other interesting subjects.
- Surendra Lal Shresta writes about the Nepal 1992 "Rights of the Child" stamp he has discovered with missing red color.
- Leo Martin gives a review of the "Specialty Album for Postage Stamps of Nepal 1881-1995 newly released by Scott Publishing Company, now owned by Amos Press
- "A December 1911 Queen Empress Card" is shown and described by Armand E: Singer.
- Wolfgang C. Hellrigl reports about "Tibet - A Spectacular Inward Postcard.
- Ramesh Shresta informs us about the "First Philatelist of Nepal".
- There is the notice that Wolfgang C. Hellrigl has written an article about the Nepal Registry Markings which has been published in the 1996 congress book of the American Philatelic Congress.
- Armand E. Singer writes about "An undelivered Cover to Lhasa, Tibet".
- New issues from Nepal are shown with all printing details as informed by the Nepal Philatelic Bureau.
- Leo Martin shows us a cover with an "Bogus Tibetan Registration Handstamps" and informs about several Types of newly produced fake Registration Handstamps.
- And finally, Alan Warren’s article shows "Liechtenstein stamps with Tibet Theme".
Table of Content of Postal Himal No. 86, 2nd. Quarter 1996
- "Himalayan Views" by Leo Martin, informs about the NTPSC meetings which were held at Capex ’96 and Westpex, San Francisco, April 28. He also informs about the large number of awards which have been received by a number of members at several exhibitions. Congratulations...
- A "Two Paisa Postal Card proof of the Shri Pashupati Design Stamp, Issue of 1934/1935-1937" is shown and described by Dr. Frank E. Vignola.
- Alarm Warren reports about the speech Armand Singers gave at the Collectors Club in New York.
- "Some interesting Tibet Postal Markings" are reported by Nick Rhodes..
- "More on the Nepal, 1881-1885, 2 Annas Tete-Beche" pair is informed by Wolfgang C. Hellrigl. Click here to view the entire article.
- In addition to Leo Martins notice in Himalayan Views, Alan Warren writes about the Nepal and Tibet Philatelic Study Circle Meeting at Capex ’96.
- And, Dick van der Watreren gives further information on the "Nepal Postal Card Wa5".
Table of Content of Postal Himal No. 85, 1st. Quarter 1996
- In "Himalayan Views", Leo Martin, informs about the feature Article in that bulletin (The Postal History of Sikkim). He also informs about an story published in the magazine "Rising Nepal, titled "Faster then a speeding turtle", and at last, he reports the very good success of the last Auction held be the Nepal, and Tibet Philatelic Study Circle.
- The Part 1 of corrections and additions of "The Postal Markings of Tibet is published by Wolfgang C. Hellrigl, the Author of that very good and recommended book.
- As mentioned above, The featured article of that issue is "Notes on the Postal History of Sikkim (1888-1947)" by Nick Rhodes.
- The new issues of Nepal of the year 1995 are shown and explained in detail, Information was send by Mr. D. R. Pandey, Officer-In-Charge of the Nepal Philatelic Bureau
- Armand E. Singer writes about "The enamel Inks of Tibet, a new look", based on his correspondence with the German Tibet collector and examiner Mr. W. Franke.
- About "Bhutan-Dzong Gak covers Iiro Kakko forom Finland is writing.
- and finally, Frealon Bibbins gives "A translation of the Tsarong Crest" which has been explained in Postal Himal No..84.
Back to Index List of Postal Himal
Last update on 13.02.14