Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Nepal > Nepal Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nepalese documents from 1940 with stamp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nepalese documents from 1940 with stamp
    Posted: 26 January 2020 at 10:09am
A few months ago I bought at an auction a lot. One of the items in the lot was a box with Nepalese documents with a large stamp on it from Prime Minister Raha. The documents are from 1940 and contain a lot of Nepalese text. I tried several searches on the internet to find more information but unfortunately without success. 
Is there someone who can help me to understand what these documents are and if there is more information to be found?

Sincerely
Perry

gemtree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2020 at 7:27am
These are Black Seal Documents which were government decrees for land grants, tax law changes, and other types of government business.  Each Prime Minister from Jang Bahadur onward had a large seal like that on your documents which validated the decree.  Similar document were also issued by the King whose seal was always in red.  They are collectable.  Those for the Rana Prime Ministers between 1932 and 1951 are fairly common.  
gemtree
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic